Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 111 - Exhausted

Today ended up being an unscheduled rest day.  I had to work late unexpectedly, and was beyond exhausted when I got home.  I had planned on at least getting to the yoga class, but sat down and almost fell asleep.   And, since I’m really, really sore from yesterday, I figured it is OK to just take the day and save my energy for tomorrow.

The challenge for today was deciding if I really needed an extra rest day, or if I was just being lazy.  I even asked Steve for his opinion.  Between the two of us, we figured that if I was so tired I couldn’t stay awake and my muscles are screaming in pain, an extra day to rest would be a good thing.  So, I’m taking the day and recharging.
The surprise of the day was coming home and finding that Steve took care of so many things this afternoon, including getting Michael a bath and making dinner.  Of course, that’s how it was OK to just sit down and collapse.  But again, I needed it, and really appreciate the surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment