Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 124 - Completely Exhausted Yet Again


Today’s workout was both wonderful and terrible at the same time.  I was still sore from Monday, so I didn’t use as heavy weights as I normally would.  But, I did push myself really hard.  By the time the muscle challenge class was over, I was completely exhausted.  Then, I had to get through the yoga class.  Let’s just say it wasn’t my best class ever.  I was so out of breath and tired that I went to the water fountain and skipped the sun salutations.  By the time class was over, every muscle in my body was on fire and completely spent.  I guess I really did leave it all in the studio!
I came home really frustrated that after so many months, the classes are still so hard.  My belly still gets in the way.  I’m still the biggest one in class.  I was really hoping to see bigger changes.  But, I do know I have to be patient.  And, even though all these things are still true, I still go.  I still push myself.  I am making progress.  That’s what I need to focus on.

Today’s challenge was a new one – I really wanted to skip yoga.  I was so tired that I knew it wouldn’t be a good workout.  But, I also knew that I had to push through and just do the best I could.  I am really proud of myself for not giving in and going home.  And, even though it wasn’t a great session, it was definitely better than giving up!
The surprise of the day was working on a Thanksgiving Poster with Michael.  He actually had a good time answering the questions and decorating the poster.  He couldn’t wait to write ‘Happy Thanksgiving’ at the bottom when he was done.  Absolutely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment