Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 121 - Last Day of the Conference


Today was the last day of the conference, and tomorrow I’m going back home, and back to real life.  I’ve learned so much the last few days.  And, I’ve had a great time relaxing with Steve.  The good thing is that I really do feel rested and ready to go back tomorrow and really hit the gym hard.  I am actually looking forward to getting to my muscle challenge class tomorrow night.
The challenge of the day was pretty minor, but stress inducing.  The very last session of the conference was talking about planning for our children to reach adulthood.  It is so hard to imagine Michael in 8 years.  Will he be able to live independently?  Go to college?  Find a job?  No matter what the answers end up to be, we have to be ready.  So, we left the session with a big to do list, the first of which is figuring out how to set up a special needs trust.  Then, we need to update our wills.  Not happy things to think about, but definitely needs to be done.

The surprise of the day was just realizing that the conference was over and I had a few more hours to relax with Steve.  We had a quiet afternoon, and it was just nice.  Sometimes nice and relaxing is just what you need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment