Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 119 - My Brain is in Full Swing

Today was the first full day of the conference.  We’ve been going since 8 this morning.  I think we walked back and forth from the main conference area, to the exhibit area, to the room, to the car, a million times.  My feet hurt more tonight than after my two hour sessions at the gym.  I am not sure if it counts as exercise, or recovery, or something in between.  But, no matter what, it’s been a great day.

One of the most interesting sessions was talking about thyroid issues, and that you can’t always tell whether or not your thyroid is working correctly based only on your TSH number.  I have had symptoms of hypothyroid as long as I can remember, but it was never enough to treat.  In the last year or so, I’ve been on a natural thyroid replacement medication, but it never seemed to make a huge difference.  I would love to make an appointment with today’s speaker and see what he thinks of my test results and if there is anything to make my thyroid work better.

The big challenge of today was just being tired.  I’m not quite sure why I was so tired, but I was.  It could just be that my normal routine is gone, or I haven’t been following my normal exercise routine, or eating different foods.  But, no matter what the cause, I’m going to bed early tonight!

The surprise of the day was that Michael actually misses us.  At least that is what he told Dan.  Normally, when Dan watches him, he thinks it’s one big party.  But this morning he was actually wondering when we were coming back.  It’s definitely nice to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment