Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 122 - Back Home, Back to the Gym!

We’re back home! As much as I loved the conference, and as much as I loved having some down time with Steve, I really, really missed Michael.  It was so great to see how excited he was that we were home.  The first thing he said was that he missed us.  He also said that next time we go on vacation he wants to come with us.  He was so adorable!

Our flight back was delayed and I was so afraid I would miss my classes tonight.  But, we got home in time to spend a little time with Michael, and then I headed off to the gym.  I have to admit that I felt a little weak after not lifting any weights for a full week.  But, it came back to me quickly.  Then, when I was completely exhausted from the weight class, it was time for yoga.  I was definitely tired for yoga, but some of the poses felt really, really good.

And, even better, Michael was really happy to see me when I came home from the gym.  It was wonderful getting a second huge welcome home!  And, I got a bonus cuddle.  Some days life is really good!

The challenge for today was definitely tearing myself away from Michael to get my butt into the gym.  It was hard, but it felt so good to get back to my routine.  Halfway through the first class I realized how much I missed it.  I was sweaty and out of breath, but I was happy.  That was a huge revelation.

The surprise of the day was definitely my cuddle with Michael.  I knew he had missed us, but he is normally pretty quick with his hugs.  Tonight I picked him up in my lap and didn’t want to let him go.  And, he wasn’t in any hurry to get down, either.  That felt so nice!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment