Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 116 - Traveling and Waiting


Today was a rest day, but busy.  We flew down to Florida for the National Autism Association Conference this morning, and have spent the day just settling in.  One really cool thing happened on the plane.  For the first time in a long time, I didn’t need a seat belt extender!  It was so nice to just sit down and buckle in and not even give it a second thought.  I was so proud of myself!
The hotel has a gym, so I will definitely be using it tomorrow.  I am planning on riding the bike for an hour and then dragging Steve for an hour long walk on the beach.  It will be nice to just spend a relaxing day ahead of the conference.

The challenge of the day was just dealing with all the angst over the election.  I really don’t like talking politics, and I hate seeing so many friends feuding with each other.  I will be so glad when it’s all over!  That said, I did make sure that we did the early voting, since I knew we would be traveling today.
The surprise of the day was also related to the election.  I heard a couple stories of people standing in line and overhearing parents teaching their children about the process.  I love seeing people actively engage their children in the voting process and sharing the event with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment