Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 120 - No 17 Week Results

Even though today is Saturday, I don’t have any weight loss results for the week.  I am still in Florida for the National Autism Association Conference, so I am away from my scale.  I’m doing the best I can while I am gone, but I am also focusing on learning as much as I can and enjoying a mini-vacation with Steve.

Today was another great day.  We went to some really good sessions at the conference, and Steve ran into a college friend.  We spoke with one of the doctors for a while and got some great ideas on where to go next with Michael, and some advice on timing some of his supplements.  I’m really excited to go home and make some changes!
There was definitely a challenge today, and I definitely failed it.  At the restaurant, they have been amazing about our food allergies, and made sure we always have delicious, safe meals.  Tonight after dinner, they surprised me with a flourless chocolate cake.  It would have been rude to turn it down after they went to such an effort to find a dessert I could have.  And, to be honest, I didn’t want to.  It tasted just as good as it looked!  And, a treat once in a while isn’t the end of the world.  It does mean that when I get back home, I need to hit the gym harder than ever!

The surprise of the day was definitely spending so much time talking with the doctor about Michael.  He explained a couple things that we were doing wrong, timing-wise.  Basically, one supplement was cancelling out another.  By separating the two of them, we should definitely see better results.  I hate making mistakes, but am really glad to hear that a supplement we had great hopes for still holds promise!

 

2 comments:

  1. Great news, Renée! I think you have a fabulous attitude! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jeannie!! I am going to try my best to make the 5:30 class on Monday! It's weird, I am definitely missing Healthrax!

    ReplyDelete