Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 131 - Freezing After Exercise?

Today was a great day.  Michael had a little incident at school, but the principal made sure we knew what upset him, and that it wasn’t his fault.  I really appreciate that she took the time to make sure we knew what happened, and that Michael did the best he could.  It is so great when the school works with us to understand and support him.  So, even though the afternoon started a little rocky, it got better quickly!

I went to the gym for my regular Wednesday night classes.  Both the muscle challenge class and yoga were a little less crowded than usual.  But, I got a great workout in both!  I really pushed myself with the weights tonight.  I have a feeling I will definitely be sore tomorrow.

One thing I have noticed is that an hour or so after my classes, I’m freezing.  I end up huddled under a blanket for at least half an hour before I get back to a normal temperature.  It’s well beyond a typical slow down in circulation after exercise.  I’m not quite sure what’s causing it, or what it means, but it is definitely something I want to look into.
Today didn’t really have much of a challenge.  It was a pretty good day at work, at home, and at the gym.  I’m just going to be thankful that it was a good day.

The surprise of the day was that Michael had a really good swimming lesson.  He can swim an entire length of the pool by himself.  It doesn’t really resemble much of a formal stroke, but he gets from one place to another.  I also really like that the teacher has him working on the breast stroke, the back stroke, floating, and using the kickboard.  Pretty amazing considering he couldn’t swim at all when he started in August!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I have so much in my life to be thankful for – my family, my health, this journey, and all the wonderful support I’ve been getting.  I am going to take the day as a rest day and enjoy spending time with family and friends.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment