Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 118 - Having too much fun in Florida


Well, the conference really got started today.  We saw several people we know coming in,  and the big kick off meet and greet was tonight.  It made the entire day pretty festive.  And, I got carried away and didn’t get much exercise in.  But, we did do a fair amount of walking, so I am not going to stress over it too much.  I’ve been looking forward to this conference for such a long time, I really want to enjoy it.
It is so good to see familiar faces – both from trusted vendors and other parents.  It is always fun to catch up and find out how people’s children are doing, and find out what’s new in the biomedical world.  It’s only the first day and I already feel like I have learned several new things.  That is what I really love about these conferences – getting together with others who live the same reality every day.  Who really get our struggles and our achievements.

The challenge of the day was to stick with the exercise, and I failed.  At least in the formal exercise.  But, I did get a lot of walking, and standing in, so I am really not overly worried.  I guess when I get home and get on the scale I will know for sure.  For now, I am just going to do the best I can.
The surprise of the day was when the chef at the restaurant said that yes he could make me gluten free calamari.  I haven’t been able to have it since I went gluten free, and I really expected him to say that he couldn’t make it.  But, he did, and it was fabulous.  It’s amazing how small things can really make your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment