Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 113 - Sixteen Week Results

I can’t believe it’s been sixteen weeks on this journey.  So far, I’ve lost 37 pounds.  I had been hoping to have lost more by now, but I’m really happy too.  A friend pointed out exactly how heavy 37 pounds is, and I am so happy that I’m not carrying it around with me every day.  When I look back, I realize that I really have made significant lifestyle changes, and they are working.  I am no longer craving sweets all the time, and I have made exercise a part of my daily routine.  That is definitely something to be proud of.

And, as you can see from the pictures, it really is a noticeable loss.  I love the fact that my tummy is smaller, my hips narrower, and even my feet are straighter.  That is real progress and it makes me smile.  And, it motivates me to keep going, one day after the next.

 

The challenge for the day was making myself go to yoga when I realized that it was going to be a substitute teacher that isn’t my favorite.  I reminded myself that I could make whatever modifications I needed, and off I went.  When everyone else was doing shoulder stands and plough poses, I was using my strap and doing the leg stretches I learned in my Friday classes.  It was nice to feel a little more in control.
The surprise of the day was the support I got on my facebook page when I was discouraged about my rate of loss.  It is so nice to realize that I have friends reading this blog and that actually care how I am doing.  The support makes me feel really special, loved, and makes me realize I can do this.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment