Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 136 - Back to Myself!

Today was a much better day! I woke up in a good mood today, and it stuck for the day.  By the time I was supposed to go to the gym, I was really ready.   I took some advice and had a protein shake before I left for the gym tonight.  I mixed a banana into it, so it had both protein and carbs.  My performance in both classes was much better, and I am not nearly as cold as I have been.  This might just work!

Classes tonight were really good.  I normally do a different triceps exercise when everyone else is doing dips on the side of the bench.  Tonight, I decided to give it a try.  I only made it through 5 dips, and then my arms gave out.  But, it was better than I thought I could do.  Of course, when my arms gave out, I landed right on top of a 15 pound weight.  I should have an interesting bruise tomorrow!  But, I am so proud of myself for trying, and being able to do some.  Of course, for the second set, I went back to overhead triceps dips.

Yoga was good, too.  I had to make modifications to some of the poses, and I couldn’t hold down dog as long as everyone else, but I am definitely making progress.  It feels so good to be able to do more and more every class. 

The challenge of the day was remembering to make the shake before I left for the gym.  I had planned it all out last week, even making sure we had almond milk in the refrigerator.  But, I was so excited to get out of the house, I almost forgot.  But, I remembered and I really benefitted from it.
The surprise of the day was definitely being able to do the triceps dips.  Even though I couldn’t do as many as everyone else, I was still so proud of myself for being able to do any.  I really, really love that I am getting stronger every week.  And, I am sure that my muscles got a great workout tonight, and will be very thankful to have a rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment