Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 132 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Today was all about family and friends, and the Redskins!  I felt so loved and so blessed today.  Steve and I worked all morning to get the house clean and dinner ready.  Then, his mom came over, and a friend of mine from work came over.  It was so nice to sit down and relax and enjoy each other’s company.

But, the best part was that Michael actually enjoyed his dinner.  He had several items on his plate at once.  He didn’t want the food to touch, but was able to move things aside and not panic when they did.  And, he ate a decent dinner.  It was wonderful.

The biggest surprise of the day was when the Redskins actually won their game today.  They haven’t had the best season and they rarely win against the Cowboys, and never on Thanksgiving.  So, even though it wasn’t the most important of today’s happy events, it was definitely the most surprising!
Tomorrow we will go back to our regular routines and I’ll be back at the gym.  But, it was really nice to take a day and just relax as a family.  And, it was nice to eat some carbs, too.  And, now it will be time for me to get into the holiday spirit.  I try really hard not to think too much about Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  But, now, it’s time!

I guess that means that I really need to focus on my diet the next month or so.  It’s so easy around the holidays to have just a little bit of this, or to make a special treat.  But, I’ve come so far, I definitely don’t want to lose ground now.  The good news is that my family is really supportive of my program, so I know they will make sure to not offer me things I can’t have!  And, I am strong enough to say no if they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment