Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 110 - Happy Halloween!!!


Happy Halloween! I had to switch up my routine a little today in order to take Michael trick-or-treating, but it worked out great.  I went to my regular muscle challenge class and worked really hard.  At one point, I was using 20 pound weights.  I’ve never done that before!  I was so tired when I was done.  I have a feeling I am going to be really sore tomorrow.
When I got home, it was time to get Michael ready to go out.  We walked all around the neighborhood, and it was definitely at least an hour of walking.  My poor legs were ready to collapse when we finally walked back in the door.  But, it was a fun way to get all my exercise in, and Michael had a great time.  I am very proud to say that I wasn’t even tempted to tax his haul.  With all his food allergies and sensitivities, he won’t be eating any of it, but that doesn’t mean I get to break my diet.  And, on another note, we gave out glow sticks, mini card games, and mini tubs of play dough.  Most of the kids were really happy to get something different.  That felt nice.

The challenge of the day was coming home after an especially intense class and heading right back out the door.  But, since Michael was so excited, it definitely helped me get moving.
The surprise of the day was just enjoying how much fun Michael was having.  This is only the second year that he has wanted to go door to door.  He’s always loved giving out toys and candy, but never really wanted to go out.  It just makes me happy when he gets to act like all the other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment