Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 82 - Inspiring Stories and Thoughts on the Gym

I love my gym classes, but I hate coming home and feeling completely exhausted.  I know that I am getting stronger and I can do more in each class, but wow.  Even sitting down, I can feel my muscles twitching.  I have a feeling I’m really going to feel tonight’s workout tomorrow and Friday! 

I was watching a video about a woman losing more than half her weight.  It was really inspiring that she was able to do it completely on her own.  She lost over 205 pounds!  I loved watching her story and knowing that I can have the same success.  And, I have you all cheering me on.  That makes it so much better!
When she was talking about being the fat person in the gym, and now being the fit person, it really resonated with me.  It was so hard at first being the biggest person in each of my classes, but I realized everyone has to start somewhere.  I don’t know the stories of the women in class, but I know some of them have achieved really great weight loss.  Some of them have probably been thin all their life.  But, we all work hard and enjoy each other’s company.  So, never be intimidated by the people at the gym.  Make friends, find allies to keep you motivated, and celebrate each other’s success.

No comments:

Post a Comment