Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 90 - Back on Track!

It feels so good to be back on track!  I got a great night’s sleep last night, and a great day of exercise today.  And, after having a few days off in a row, my muscles were really rested and ready to go.  I did a four mile walking video at lunch time, and it was great.  I think it was probably the best I ever did it.  I could really tell that I was ready to be back.

After work, I did half an hour on the elliptical and it was really good, too.  My heart rate was where I wanted it, I kept my arms moving, and it was just a good workout.  For the last half hour, I did the bike.  Even though it was the least strenuous, it was the hardest.  I think I was probably running out of steam by then.  But, I did it, and I got all my exercise in for the day.  That feels great!
But, as annoyed as I was to have two unscheduled exercise days, I’m actually kinda glad too. Steve had been warning me that I hadn’t been giving myself enough time to recover from the strenuous workouts.  Now, I really have, and I can feel the difference.  I feel better overall, and I can feel that my muscles are stronger.  That’s a good thing.  So, I think when it’s time for a short break, I will take it.  But, only if I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment