Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 92 - Thirteen Week Results

Today was another great day.  Of course, weekends are usually pretty good.  I slept in to make up for earlier in the week, and was a little groggy for the rest of the morning.  But, once I was really awake, I did half an hour on the elliptical.  It was actually fun.  I’m getting better at using my arms the whole time and my speed is picking up. 

We had some errands to do, and took Michael to find a Halloween costume.  He made up his mind he wanted to go as a penguin, which is not the easiest costume to find.  Fortunately, we did find one, so that made the afternoon easier.  Once we were back and settled, the plan was to work in the garage.  But, when we were hanging up our jackets, the hall closet collapsed.  It’s always something.  So, Michael and I went into the hyperbaric chamber and Steve went to Lowes.  The good news is that he was able to repair the damage.  The bad news is that the garage didn’t get cleaned.
Before dinner, I did my favorite four mile walking video.  It was a great workout and actually seemed to go fairly quickly.  Then, after dinner, I did a final half hour on the exercise bike.  I was really happy that I got two hours in today and all the exercise was good. 

I guess the challenge today was definitely the closet disaster.  I am so glad Steve was able and willing to take care of it.  Even though it meant we didn’t get everything done I was hoping for, I still got my exercise in, and he still got it repaired.
The surprise was probably when Michael brought down a pile of board games and asked me to play them all with him.  It was a relaxing way to spend some time, and much better than him watching Netflix!  I do think we need to get him some new games though.

I was so excited about the day, I forgot all about the weigh in this morning.  This morning’s number was 316.5.  I can’t believe I’m down 31.5 pounds.  And, even though it wasn’t the best exercise week, I still lost two and a half pounds.  That is definitely something to smile about!

2 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race! Keep it up. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm surprised at how much time has already gone by. And hitting the 30 pound mark was a big deal for me. Who knows, I might actually learn patience? Nah..

    ReplyDelete