Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 102 - Looking back, looking forward!


Steve pointed out that I let the 100th day go by without a major celebration.  I’ve been so busy the last few days it really didn’t sink in that I’ve been at this for 100 days now.  That’s a long time for me to be committed to diet and exercise.  The good thing is that it is starting to feel natural.  I am finding myself looking forward to moving rather than dreading it.  OK, so Mondays and Wednesdays are really, really hard.  I still actually love them.  Scary, huh?
I know I was whining a little bit yesterday.  But, based on how sore I am today, I know that I really was pushing myself very hard.  And you know what?  I like that!  I love that I am able to push myself and keep going.  Although, I have to admit, I’m really thankful it’s a rest day today.  I am seeing an Epsom salt bath in my immediate future.

Sometimes I get frustrated that I can’t seem to lose weight like they do on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.  But, they are able to put everything on hold and focus only on exercise.  I have a full time job, a full time child, and a ton of obligations that can’t be put on hold.  So, when I consider everything I have been able to accomplish in the last 100 days, I’m really, really proud of myself. 
You have seen the before and current pictures, and know that I’ve lost thirty-three pounds so far.  But what you don’t know is all the other benefits I’ve been experiencing:

·         My energy is really up

·         I can go up the stairs without pulling myself up with the railing

·         I am able to wear clothes that I had put away because they were too small

·         There is a gap between my tummy and the steering wheel of the car

·         My posture is better

·         Other than muscle soreness, I have fewer aches and pains

·         I am happy when I look in the mirror.

The last one is the best.  I had spent so long going between doubting I could ever lose weight and get healthy.  Now, I see progress.  And, instead of seeing failure in the mirror, I see hope.  That is a very good thing.
I am actually really excited to see what I will look like and how I will feel at the end of the next 100 days.  With the new gym opening, I have more options for exercise.  I just have a really, really good feeling that the best is yet to come.
Today’s challenge was just getting out of bed this morning.  I’m still not sleeping especially well, and it seems like I just finally got to a deep sleep and the alarm went off.  But, it was an office day so I didn’t have any choice.  Tonight will be an early night.

Today’s surprise was that I got to talk with a friend I haven’t spoken with in a while.  Her life is just as crazy as mine, if not worse.  It was nice to take a few minutes and catch up.  And, I get to see her tomorrow.  That is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment