Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 107 - Preparing for Sandy


I figure I better post my blog early today, just in case Sandy gets here soon.  It was a good day, exercise wise.  I actually did a one-hour session on the elliptical, and was trying to do a second.  I only made it forty-five minutes into the second session and finished with fifteen minutes on the bike.  So, I got all my exercise in, even if it wasn’t how I had planned.  I do have to say that I am really excited that I did last so long on the elliptical!

The challenge of the day was keeping focused despite all the news about Hurricane Sandy.  We spent a lot of the day making sure that everything was charged that needed to be, that all the laundry was washed, folded, and put away, and that everything that could be put away outside was put away.  Then Steve had to go out for a bit.  I’ll be happy when he’s home safe and sound and everything is locked up tight.

The surprise of the day was just how calmly Michael accepted that the power was probably going to be going out and that we needed to prepare for it.  He hates when the power is out because everything sounds so different.  And, he really hates that he can’t predict all the noises that happen when it comes back on.  But, we needed to warn him about the storm, and to make sure his toys were charged.  He took it really well and has been making sure to keep everything charged and ready to go.  Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment