Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 97 - Hurry Up and Wait

Today was another intense day.  I thought for sure I’d be able to get all my exercise in.  Then I didn’t get a lunch break at all.  If Steve didn’t make me a salad to eat at my desk, I probably wouldn’t have eaten all day.  I did manage to get an hour on the bike after I finally quit for the day.  Then I had a presentation on the Autism Waiver that I had to go to.  And now, it’s almost 8:30 and I am afraid that if I try to exercise now I won’t sleep tonight.  But, an hour of exercise is still way better than nothing!

Today’s challenge was definitely the meeting.  Right now they are serving children who have been on the waiting list 9 months longer than Michael.  Those nine months could mean another year of waiting. We’ve been on the list for just about seven years now.  But you never know, we might get lucky.
The surprise of the day was that I got to talk with my Aunt.  She’d been out of the country for a couple weeks and I really missed talking with her.  While I was driving to the presentation tonight, I got to catch up with her.  That was definitely a happy surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment