Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 108 - Sandy Begins


I figured I’d do my blog entry early again today.  I just finished my second hour on the bike, so I can report that I did get all my exercise in for the day.  Even if I was silly enough to want to go to my classes tonight, they were cancelled.  Both gyms closed around noon today.  I’m sitting here listening to the wind and watching the trees sway, very happy to be safe and sound at home.
The challenge of the day is once again staying focused.  With everything going on with the storm, seeing the pictures coming in from all over the east coast, it’s easy to get distracted.  But, I was able to plan on riding the bike once at lunch time and again after work.  It definitely helps to plan out my exercise times!

The surprise of the day is simply that we still have power.  On our block especially, it seems like the second a drop falls from the sky, power goes out.  So, I am very thankful that we are still fine, the power is still on, and life is fairly close to normal.  I am really hoping for a miracle and that we keep power for the duration.  I really don’t want to have to drive to the office tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment