Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 99 - Fourteen Week Results!

I can’t believe it’s been fourteen weeks already!  And, I’m even more excited to realize that I’ve lost 33 pounds so far!  I only lost a pound and a half this week, but I’m still thrilled with the results.  When I look at each new side by side picture, I can see how far I have come.  I know I have so much more to lose, but I really feel like I’m well on my way.  Here is this week’s picture:

 
I can really tell that I’ve become a true convert to exercise by the fact that I signed up for a second gym just so I can go to more classes.  (I am cheaing on Healthrax with LA Fitness!)  The new gym opened yesterday and I went to a yoga class this morning.  It was so much fun to take a new class, with a new instructor, in a brand new facility.  There was some things that were different than I’m used to, but overall, it was so much fun.  If you asked me fifteen weeks ago if I would ever think exercise was fun I would have laughed at you.  Now, I find that I’m actually looking forward to it.

I finished out today’s exercise with two thirty minute sessions on the bike.  It’s great to break up the exercise into smaller sessions.  I feel like it keep my metabolism going all day long.  And, I’m beginning to feel like I can handle almost anything for thirty minutes.

Today was a pretty easy day, so no big challenge comes to mind.  But, I do have to say that walking into a whole new place and facing a huge new set of people was a little nerve-wracking.  Throughout this process, I’ve gotten a lot less self conscious about my weight but still there is always the feeling in the back of my mind that I just don’t belong.  But, I went, I fit right into the class, and I did it.  Yes, there were a few things I couldn’t do, but there were other people who were much smaller than me who couldn’t do them either.  And, yoga is about as noncompetitive as it gets.  That helps a lot!
The surprise of the day was definitely seeing the side by side pictures.  It’s still hard for me to look in the mirror and see a difference in my body.  I can feel it, but I can’t see it.  Every day I can do new things, and I’m even starting to wear new clothes.  But, looking in the mirror?  Not so much.  But, when I have the beginning picture next to a today picture, that I can see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment