Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 91 - Fabulous Friday!


Today was another great day.  I woke up this morning actually feeling awake and refreshed.  It seems like forever since I woke up with energy.  I figured that was definitely a good sign.  I did a four mile walking video at lunch time and it was really, really good.  My legs felt strong, I had energy to get through the whole video, and it was just a great workout.  When it was over, I went back to work and had really good focus for the afternoon. 
After work, I went to my Friday Yoga class.  It was wonderful, as usual.  I did notice that my balance wasn’t as good as usual during the tree poses.  I am guessing that’s because I missed two classes this week.  So, even though my muscles needed the break, my balance would have preferred the consistency.  Or, it could have just been an off day.  Hopefully, next week will be better for my balance.
I think I want to incorporate two new things into the blog – a daily challenge and a daily surprise.  The challenge today was definitely the balance.  I really didn’t expect that, but it is an interesting data point.  I will track and see how I feel next week, and how I do with the tree poses.

The surprise of the day was how I felt after the walking DVD.  Normally, I’ve been really tired after each of my workouts.  Today, I wasn’t energized, but I was definitely focused.  I had a mental clarity that I didn’t have in the morning.  Again, I don’t want to read too much into it, but I do want to make a note.  It will definitely be interesting to follow.
Tomorrow is another weigh in.  I’ll be curious to see how the scale did with two missing workouts this week.  It was still a good food week, and I think I’m doing well, but the proof will be in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment