Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 93 - Busy, sad day

Wow!  Today was one busy day!  Michael slept in until 9 this morning, so we all got a great night’s sleep.  But then, we had to rush around to get everything done.  Michael had KEEN Music today, so we had to take him for that, and then ran a few errands.  Once we got home, we finally started the work on the garage we were supposed to do yesterday. 

For me, seeing all the toys that Michael never played with really depresses me.  It just seems so unfair that he was robbed of so many of the ‘typical’ fun things that kids do growing up.  He never played with puzzles; he doesn’t like legos; he never enjoyed coloring books or activity books.  It breaks my heart to give things away, but it’s sadder to keep them around realizing he will never play with them.  We made real progress in the garage, but I was glad when it was time to come inside for the football game.
I rode the bike for an hour during the first half, and did the elliptical during the second half.  I was going to get back on the bike after dinner, but I just ran out of time.  I still needed to take Michael into the chamber, and that couldn’t be skipped.  So, I decided that 90 minutes of exercise was going to be good enough for today. And, it really is.  It’s not like I’ve been sitting around at all today.

Figuring out today’s challenge is easy – dealing with the toys in the garage was more than a challenge.  It’s still ripping me apart inside.  The surprise is a little harder.  But, there was one really nice thing.  We had gotten Michael a lap harp when he was a lot younger, and he never really played with it.  Tonight, he saw it on the shelf we were organizing and wanted to play with it.  He actually played with it for about half an hour, and was doing a great job with it.  That was definitely a pleasant surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment