Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 86 - Sunday and Great Exercise!

I really wish every day could be Sunday!  It was so nice to sleep in this morning, and then just have a nice, quiet family day.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been the Redskins pulling out a win at home.  But, I can’t have everything. 

During the first half of the game I did 45 minutes on the elliptical.  For the first half, my heart rate was consistently in the 140s, and for the second half it was in the 150s.  It was a great workout.  And, I think this was the first workout where I was able to use the arms for the entire time.  Normally, I use them for a little while and then take a break and then start again.  This time, I was able to go the whole 45 minutes.  That’s a big accomplishment for me.
During the second half, I did 45 minutes on the bike.  My average heart rate for the whole session was 136.  Not bad!  I was able to bump up to level 6 today, which was another first for me.  I’ve experimented with different levels in the past, but today was the first time at level 6 for the whole session.  It felt really, really good.  I love that my strength, endurance, and stamina are all improving.

After the game, I took Michael into the chamber and had a rest for a bit.  It felt really good to just lie still for an hour.  Although, I was more stiff getting out that usual.  I asked Michael if I should do another half hour on the elliptical or if I should do a two mile walking DVD.  He voted for the DVD.  It took me a while to find the 2 mile video, since I’ve been doing mostly 4 and 5 miles lately.  But, it was really nice.  It felt like meeting up with an old friend.  I will definitely have to remember to keep it in rotation!
So, overall, it was a great day.  I got all my exercise in and still had time to do other things.  Who knows, I might even get to bed early tonight!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment