Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 172 - Tweaks for the New Year

Happy New Year!  As part of my new year’s resolutions, I wanted to take some time and tweak my program a little.  I’m realizing that this journey is more about my health than my weight.  My new doctor has a strong emphasis on detoxing  and avoiding new toxins.  I’ve been following his recommendations, but now I want to really incorporate them into my overall program.  So, going forward, this will be my program:

·         Follow the paleo diet and choose organic, ‘clean’ options wherever possible

·         Exercise 6 days a week, 2 hours a day wherever possible with a mix of strength training, yoga, and aerobic activities

·         Recognize that on Thursdays, 1 hour is good enough

·         Take Tuesdays as my rest day

·         Use the hyperbaric chamber 3 times a week

·         Use the far infrared sauna 30-45 minutes a day

I also want to make sure that I am flexible with myself.  I have a feeling that whatever I did to my knee was probably because I was pushing too hard. I should have stopped last week when I realized my knee was hurting, instead of pushing through.  I am going to try harder to listen to my body and genuinely take care of myself.  That is probably going to be the hardest part.
I also want to continue to recognize the joy and beauty that is in my life.  I think I’m going to skip the challenges in my daily reports and really focus on the surprises.  Not that I won’t mention the challenges when they are important, but I definitely do not want to give them the same emphasis as the good things. 

Today’s surprise was that Michael really enjoyed our traditional new year pork and sauerkraut dinner. He had a little bit of everything, and even let things on his plate touch.  He wasn’t crazy about the sauerkraut, but at least he tried it.  That made me really happy.
So, that is where I am with life and this journey.  I’m really looking forward to this new year and seeing where it takes me.  And, with these few tweaks, I think the second half of this journey is going to be even better than the first half!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment