Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 194 - Oddly Energetic

Today has been a crazy day for me.  I wanted to be cautious with my knee, so I decided to ride the bike at lunch time for an hour instead of going to yoga tonight.  I really like my classes, but felt that two hours might be a bit much since my knee is still really tender.  I did the hour on the bike with no problems, and it actually felt really good.

What happened after I got off the bike is where things start to get strange.  About an hour later I noticed I was feeling energetic.  This is very odd for me since I am normally tired all the time.  I wake up tired.  I force my way through the day, and I go to bed exhausted.  This is every day for the last several years.  So, when I found myself looking at the elliptical and wondering how it would feel to do a short interval workout, it was practically an out of body experience!
I ended up doing a twenty minute workout in the middle of the afternoon.  I did one minute of warm up, one minute as fast as I could followed by one minute of recovery (repeated many times), and then two minutes of cool down at the end.  Other than being hot and sweaty, I felt wonderful!  I haven’t felt good after exercise in a long, long time.  And, when I admitted to Steve that I had ‘snuck’ in a workout just because I felt like it, it was surreal.  I sneak snacks, not workouts!

I finished up the day with the muscle challenge class.  Again, it was a great workout and I really enjoyed it.  We did a lot of really difficult things, and I know I’m going to be in pain tomorrow.  But, through the whole workout I was having fun.  When it was over, I was tempted to stay for yoga.  But, as I was putting my weights away, I realized that my knee really needed the break.  So, I came home.
I plan on finishing the day with an hbot session and a sauna session.  Both of those should feel really good on my knee and, should help with overall muscle recovery.   But, the strange thing is that I am still feeling happy and energetic.  I don’t want the day to end because I’m afraid to lose this feeling.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment