Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 173 - At the gym with a wrapped knee

Today was a good day.  My cousin joined me at the gym tonight, so that was extra motivating, and just made me happy.  It was a little strange working out in the knee wrap, but it mostly worked. There were only a few things I couldn’t do, but I managed pretty well.  I guess the true test will be to see how I feel in the morning.  Normal stiffness will be a good thing.  Not being able to walk, not so much!

I had been expecting both classes to be really crowded tonight with people working on new year’s resolutions.  While there were a couple new people in each class, there were definitely not as many as I was expecting.  I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not.  I never want the classes to be so full that you can’t get a good workout.  But, I hate to think that not as many people are resolving to be fit this year.  Of course, maybe they all joined the gym and haven’t found the group classes yet.  I guess we’ll see what next week brings.
The surprise of the day has to be working out with my cousin.  I’m not sure why it’s so motivating.  I know pretty much all of the women in the muscle challenge class now.  And, everyone is really supportive and welcoming.  But, there is just something extra special about family.  Maybe I’m just sentimental;  maybe I just really love my cousin.  Either way, it was great having her there!

No comments:

Post a Comment