Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 178 - Busy, chasotic, but good day

This is going to be a really short blog again tonight.  Today was a really busy day with lots going on for work, this journey, and my personal life.  Tonight was my monthly parent support group meeting.  I’ve been going to this group for more than 6 years now, so I can’t just skip it.  But, it meant juggling a lot of things to be able to go.

At lunch time I did an hour on the bike.  It was hard to tear myself away since work was really busy today.  But, when you know you have to do it, you figure out a way. So, I got a great hour in at lunch, and I think it really helped me focus for the afternoon.
Then, after work, I hurried over to the gym for my muscle challenge class.  It was really intense tonight, but class definitely counts as my surprise of the day.  We did both regular planks and side planks, which is fairly typical.  But, because there were so many new people, she started the count-up over again.  So, we only help the regular plan for two minutes and thirty seconds for each of the side planks.  Maybe this time I’ll be able to keep up with the gradual increase!  I know I shouldn’t have my joyful moment of the day be about not having to hold the planks for three minutes, but it felt so good to be able to keep up with the two minutes.

I had to skip yoga tonight because of the meeting.  So, I rushed from the gym to the meeting, hoping I didn’t smell too bad.  I changed my shirt quickly and made sure I was mostly presentable.  It helped.  And, the meeting was good.  It really helps to be able to talk with other parents who know exactly what you’re going through.  As much as I love yoga, I’m going to have to miss is once a month for my meeting.
Now, I am writing this while the sauna heats.  I’ll go upstairs, sweat in the sauna, get a quick shower, and then head to bed.  I need all the sleep I can get because tomorrow is another killer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment