Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 196 - Surprising Myself Again

Today was another great day.  I knew they were calling for snow this afternoon, so I figured I had to make plans to work out at home instead of going to the gym for yoga.  I hate missing my Friday night yoga class, but I would have felt really silly getting into an accident over it. 

But, the good news is that I ended up getting in three hours of great exercise in today.  I did one hour on the bike, two half hours on the elliptical, and another hour on the bike.  I am so proud of myself.  I love that my body is getting stronger and stronger.  I was able to sustain a level 8 on the bike for about an hour and a half, total!  When I first started, level 2 was challenging. 
I think the best part of the day was just knowing that I can do more; that my body is capable.  When I first started this journey, I was terrified of the commitment to two hours of exercise a day.  I wanted to push myself like they did on tv, but I was so scared.  Now, I find myself wanting to do more again.  Most of the time that ends up with me pushing harder at the gym, and raising my levels during cardio.  But twice this week I’ve added extra sessions.  I love it!

I feel like my body is trying to tell me something this week.  I’m not 100% sure what it is yet, but I am definitely listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment