Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 183 - Six MONTH results!!!!!!

Today was an amazing day.  It was my six month mark on this journey, and my wedding anniversary.  I could not have asked for a more auspicious day!  I was trying hard not to get my hopes up, but I shouldn’t have worried.

For my journey, I am now at 305.  That’s 43 pounds down in the last six months.  Yes, it could have been more, especially when I think about the TV show that inspired me.  But, I think it’s pretty amazing.  I am especially proud when I realize that I have accomplished this on my own – no personal trainer, no fancy diet program.  But, I do have a secret weapon – a ton of wonderful support.  My husband bends over backwards to make sure I get to the gym and get all my exercise in.  He cooks special meals for me.  My friends and family provide immeasurable emotional support.  In fact, it was my Aunt who really got me started on the journey by encouraging me to join the gym in the first place.  So, I have to say thank you to all my friends and family who support me, with extra kudos to Steve.

With that all said, here is the six month picture:

 

Beyond the picture, I really feel like a totally different person. I will try to talk about the key things that I have noticed in the last six months:

 I have energy.

 I am not depressed.

 I can climb the stairs without holding on for dear life.

 I actually enjoy exercise. 

I have made some good friends at the gym.

I am sleeping really well.

I actually crave healthy foods.

None of these things would have described me six months ago.  Quite the opposite, actually.  I was so tired, so stressed, and so depressed.  I couldn’t imagine how I was going to meet the commitments I had laid out for myself.  But, I did have faith that I would figure out a way.  And, I have. That feeling of accomplishment is pretty amazing.
To be honest, I don’t know what I am hoping for in the next six months.  Part of me still wants the miracle loss.  The other part of me just wants to enjoy the ride and see where it takes me.  I think I am going to listen to that voice.  This is such an amazing journey.  I don’t want to lessen it by having unrealistic expectations.  I am going to live in each moment and be thankful for them.  Each day might not be perfect, and I am sure I won’t always make the right decisions, but I am learning.  And, I am learning to trust myself, trust my body, and love the adventure.  Thank you for being part of it!

 

3 comments:

  1. You have done amazing! I hope you know that Biggest Loser is NOT a healthy rate of weight loss. Healthy and long term results occur more often at an average of 100# per year. You're right on track! I lost 60# in 8 mos. At first it melted off (15# in the first month!), then it slowed down more and more. I didn't even exercise until I'd lost about 20#. Now I fight to keep it off. I've put on 10# but have kept it there for about a year. I had to increase my exercise (bought an elliptical) and changed up my food a bit. I think your body gets a "tolerance" to the same diet or type of food. I added more fiber, which helped. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It sounds like you're doing wonderfully, too! And yes, I do know that the weight loss on TV is far from healthy. I just get jealous sometimes. But you're right, slow and steady is the way to go. I am really hoping that because I do a lot of different kinds of exercises, my body wont get too used to it. I'm also going on the theory that if you release too many toxins from the fat, your body slows down the weight loss (plateaus) until you detox. Then, you can start up again. It seems to explain a lot of the plateaus that I've experienced at least.

      Delete