Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 171 - New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year’s Eve!!  Today really went by quickly.  I had to work, but it still felt like a holiday.  And, I had so much to cram in, I ran out of time!

The good news is that I had an appointment with the orthopedist today.  He said the MRI came back and didn’t show anything more serious that arthritis in the knee.  He thinks I just strained/sprained the knee.  I need to be careful with it, but no major injury.  I am very relieved!  So, I am cleared to go back to exercising, as long as it doesn’t hurt.  I will have a follow-up with him in three weeks.  Not bad!

The challenge today was definitely getting in two hours on the bike.  With everything else going on, it was a super busy day.  But, somehow I managed.  It felt good to move, even if I was being a little cautious.

The surprise today was that Michael had more ups than downs today.  We ended up going out to see the Winter Lights one last time, and then I took him into the hyperbaric chamber for a long dive before bedtime.  It wasn’t very exciting, but it was good.  I would have preferred to go to a family party but he just wasn’t up for that, and to be honest, I don’t think I was either.  Sometimes a quiet night at home is a good thing.

Now, I need to wrap this up in time for a midnight smooch with Steve.  Happy New Year!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment