Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 168 - An appt with the Orthopedist

I saidyesterday that my knee was really acting up.  After spending a most of the night in pain and being barely able to get down the stairs this morning, I was lucky enough to get an appointment with the orthopedist this morning.  He thinks that I might have a torn meniscus, and I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow.  He said that if I wanted to, and it didn’t hurt, I could do half an hour on the bike.  But, even that was too much for me today.  I think I am going to play it really safe for the next couple days and see what happens with the MRI and my follow up appt on Monday.

The challenge is that this couldn’t be happening at a worse time.  Every year I make a New Year’s Resolution to really get with my program and lose weight.  Most years I fail miserably.  This year, I’ve come so far already, I was really looking forward to recommitting myself to losing weight and getting healthy.  Now, I’m not sure what is up with my knee, and I am in a lot of pain.  But, no matter what happens, I refuse to give up.
The surprise of the day was just how supportive Steve is.  It really isn’t much of a surprise, but is greatly appreciated.  He always takes good care of me and supports me.  Today, he spent hours going all over the county trying to find me a knee brace.  He wasn’t able to find one, but I really appreciate how hard he looked.  And, we can order one online, but it probably makes sense to wait and see what the doctor says on Monday.  Something tells me this is going to be a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment