Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 169 - Twenty Four Week Results


The year is coming to a close, and I’ve been on this journey for 24 weeks now.  It’s so hard to believe that the changes I’ve made really are becoming part of my life.  I look at today’s progress picture and can really see a huge difference.  I actually have collar bones!  I am so thankful for every pound lost – forty three of them so far.  It just makes me smile to think about.
 


The challenge today was getting exercise in despite my knee.  It felt a lot better today, so I did two hour long sessions on the bike.  I was very careful to make sure that it didn’t hurt, and I didn’t push myself very hard.  But, I did want to get the exercise in.  I also went for an MRI on the knee.  I have a follow up appointment with the orthopedist on Monday, so hopefully I’ll have some answers then.  Until then, I’m just going to be careful with my knee and do the best I can.

The surprise today was just seeing the progress picture and realizing that all this hard work really is paying off.  I slog through day by day, and I try to make as many good decisions as possible.  But, I get caught up in the numbers on the scale and lose track of the bigger picture.  Today, seeing a smaller picture really did bring home that it is working.  I am getting smaller.  And, even though it’s a goofy smile, I’m happy.  That’s a great way to end the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment