Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 145 - Back to Work

It felt so good to get back to my classes at the gym tonight.  My muscles were rested and ready to go, and I was antsy.  Plus, it had been a really rough day at work.  By the time I got to class, I was ready to let go of all work thoughts and really focus on exercise.  It was a great diversion, and a great workout. 

Yesterday, I noticed something really bizarre.  Because Tuesdays and Thursday are my normal office days, I am usually sore from a class whenever I am in the office.  Yesterday, I wasn’t sore because I had missed my classes Monday night because of the doctor’s apt.  It felt so strange to be able to move freely around the office.  I never thought I would miss my aches and pains!  Then again, I am sure I made up for it tonight, and tomorrow will be back to ‘normal’.

The challenge today was leaving work at work and focusing on exercise once I was at the gym.  Sometimes, I get so caught up in everything going on during the day, it is hard to shift gears when the day is over.  But, when the classes are so demanding, it definitely makes it easier.

The surprise for today was how well Michael did in his swimming lesson.  Before Thanksgiving, he was afraid to jump in the deep end, and couldn’t be more than a foot away from his teacher without being really nervous.  Today, he jumped in the deep end several times, and allowed the teacher to be several feet away.  And, he swam an entire length of the pool independently.  He is definitely getting better in the water!  That makes me so happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment