Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 141 - Twenty Week Results


It is hard to imagine it’s been twenty weeks.  That’s a long, long time for me to stick to such a strenuous exercise routine.  But, I am definitely seeing results.  I love this week’s picture.  I am starting to have collarbones!  Imagine that!

 

So, twenty weeks and 42 pounds.  It’s still not where I was hoping to be, but every picture shows more and more of a difference.  Every pound lost seems like a huge step forward.  I will learn to be patient.  And, along the lines of appreciating every pound, Steve did a comparison of today’s picture with the picture from two weeks ago.  There aren’t a huge amount of differences, but today’s picture definitely shows major improvement in the head and neck area.  Did I mention collar bones?  I know they’re not really pronounced yet, but, you can tell they are there.  That’s progress!
 
 

Today’s challenge was not being disappointed when I got on the scale and realized I didn’t lose anything this week.  I was crushed.  But, then I realized that it’s just a number on a scale.  Every single day I am moving forward.  Some steps are bigger than others, but I am not going to stop walking.  I will get there!

Today’s surprise was another quiet moment with Michael.  I told him I needed some cuddle time.  While he was on my lap, the Christmas Clock went off, and he asked me to sing with the clock.  I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, but he asked me to sing every Christmas carol I knew.  It was so sweet I thought I would burst from happiness.  Not a bad day!

2 comments:

  1. I admire your dedication to taking good care of yourself! Your commitment even when you don't feel like it, even when the number on the scale hasn't budged is a true sign of greatness.

    Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a stressful week this week, but I'm feeling so much better today. We've got almost all the Christmas chores done, so I am looking forward to enjoying the season! Maybe we can find some walking tours of Christmas lights.. :)

      Delete