Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 153 - Challenges and Strength

Today was a surprising day.  Michael was home sick and Steve had an appointment this afternoon.  So, I came home at lunch time and worked from home for the rest of the day.  I thought I would have plenty of time to get some time in on the bike, but the afternoon really got away from me.  The good news is that I did end up getting in 45 minutes on the bike, and a full hour yoga class.  Not too bad for a very strange day.

The challenge of the day was putting all the different pieces together and staying coherent.  Between Michael not feeling well, work projects going nuts, and Steve’s commitments, it was really hard to get everything in.  I am actually really happy that I got as much exercise in today. 

The surprise of the day was between the bike and yoga.  We had a conference call this evening with Michael’s teacher, in lieu of an in person parent/teacher meeting.  It was a lot easier to do by phone, and worked out really well.  I am so proud of how well Michael is doing in school.  It is still amazing to me that he is fully on grade level and making great grades.  Every time I think about it, I smile.  He has so many challenges ahead of him, but he has come a really long way already.
Whenever I get down about my journey, I think about Michael and how well he handles everything thrown at him.  He doesn’t always handle things gracefully, but he bounces back really quickly.  If I can do half as well, I’ll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment