Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 150 - Wow. Just. Wow.


I’m sitting here beyond exhausted, every muscle is aching, and I don’t know how I’m going to drag myself up the stairs.  But, I’m happy.  I had two of the best exercise sessions I’ve had in weeks tonight.  I was able to push myself further than I have ever, and I was able to do some poses in yoga that I’ve never done before.  Maybe this change in medication is starting to work.  Maybe the hard work over the last few months is starting to pay off.  Either way, I’m completely worn out, but very happy.

The challenge of the day was just forcing myself through the day.  Mondays are always difficult, but today it just seemed really hard to get started.  I think that’s what I really appreciate most about this blog, and you who read it.  If I didn’t have the accountability, it would be so easy to miss a workout.  And, if I had missed tonight, I really would have missed out.

The surprise was definitely in yoga.  There was one pose where we started out in pigeon, then bent and grabbed the back leg.  I was able to do that.  Of course, when she said to raise up the front hand, I laughed out loud.  But, I think even the instructor was a little impressed with how far I had actually gotten.  One day I will get all the way there.  Tonight I actually feel confident that I am making progress and I will be able to do things that were completely impossible when I first started.  That’s a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment