Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 147 - Friday, Yoga, and a Surprise

Today was another busy day.  I had an appointment at lunch time so I couldn’t exercise during the day.  But, I did make it to my favorite yoga class of the week.  That was a really good thing.  Then, I came home and got set up for the evening.  I managed to do 45 minutes on the bike before I realized I didn’t have anything left.  I figured that an hour and 45 minutes was probably good enough for the day and left it at that.  It was probably a good thing.  With the change in my medication this week I have definitely not felt 100% myself.  I’m not trying to make excuses, but I don’t want to do anything silly either.

The challenge today was making the decision to stop at 45 minutes on the bike.  I was really, really tired and just felt like pushing more wasn’t going to get me any more progress.  It’s hard for me to always tell the difference between listening to my body and slacking off.  But, since it was only 15 minutes, it’s not the end of the world either way.  But, I do think I made the right decision.

The surprise of the day was a really, really good one.  I had gone to yoga and was just getting settled in on my mat when I saw someone out of the corner of my eye.  My cousin was there!  I have really missed working out with her the last few weeks.  She hasn’t been able to get out and it just hasn’t been as much fun without her.  So, having her there tonight was a wonderful surprise and really made my evening.
It’s weekend.  I am so happy to be able to go to bed early tonight, sleep in tomorrow, and have a great weekend.  No matter what happens, weekends are always good.  Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment