Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 143 - A Chaotic but Hopeful Day

Today was an odd day.  I had a doctor’s appt this afternoon and a support group meeting scheduled for tonight.  The appointment ran really, really late, so I missed my exercise class and my support group.  But, the good thing is that I was still able to get both hours of exercise in.  I figured I should do an hour at lunch time and then did a second hour when I finally got home.  I’m really exhausted, and am sad I missed my meeting, but, I am so glad I got my exercise in.

The challenge of the day was just making the timing work to get as much as possible done.  It meant exercising really late, but I am hoping I’ll still be able to sleep tonight.  I am hopeful that today’s doctor can really make a difference for me.  He is changing my thyroid medication, so I really hope to see good things.

The surprise of the day was that the doctor really listened to me.  He asked questions and didn’t question my answers.  So many doctors have come out and accused me of lying when I tell them about my diet and exercise.  I really appreciate that he listened, believed me, and is going to come up with a plan to make things work.  I am tired, but really hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment