Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 79 - Back on Track!

Yesterday I was very happy because my weight had finally started to move again.  Today, I am thrilled that I am starting to feel like I did before I ran out of my mB12.  Today, I felt alive, and had energy.  We actually started working on clearing the garage today.  (Every fall I try to get the garage cleared out before the first frost.)  It felt good to be able to do things.

Then, when I started exercising, I realized I was getting back to the place where it was actually fun.  I started with half an hour on the elliptical.  I was able to keep my heart rate right around 140 for most of the time and still breathe through my nose.  It felt really good.  I did two 45 minute sessions on the bike to finish up the exercise.  On the bike I was able to keep my heart rate around 130.  It was a great exercise day!
As I keep going on this journey, I’m finding out more about myself, my priorities, and what I really can do when I work at it.  All my life I’ve been really good at accomplishing my goals.  At school and at work, whatever I decided I wanted to do, I did.  But losing weight was the one thing I couldn’t do.  No matter how many times I tried, I just couldn’t do it.  But, now I am realizing that I always gave up too fast.  When it got hard, it was easy to say that I just wasn’t capable of it.  Now, I realize that when it gets hard, I have to work harder.  And this time, I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment