Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 52 - Labor Day and Good Expectations

Today was a great day.  It was Labor Day so we got to spend some quiet time together and just relax.  My Mother-In-Law came over for burgers on the grill, so we even got some extra family time in.  That was nice.

I’ve been feeling a lot better today.  I still have some pain on deep breathes, but nothing like it was on Saturday.  Since the doctor said it was fine, I went back to my 2 hours of exercise today, but I broke it up into 3 sessions on the bike.  It was low intensity, but long duration.  I like it!
Tomorrow would normally be a day off, but I think I’m going to try and get at least an hour of exercise in, if not two.  I didn’t like missing sessions over the weekend, so I can use the rest day to make up for it.  I’ll still keep the intensity low, but get the time in. 

Steve was funny this afternoon.  At one point he noticed that I had a bunch of nervous energy building up and suggested that it was time to exercise.  His theory is that my body is really used to the exercise now and expecting it.  I really think he’s right.  That is so shocking, but really, really cool.
I was expecting magic to happen at the six week mark.  I didn’t really see anything major, but this might just be it.  I really love the idea that exercise is becoming a habit and that my body is starting to crave (or at least prepare for) the exercise.  This could be a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment