Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 59 - Jam Packed with Crazy


Today was absolutely insane.  I had two meetings for work, back to back from noon until four. Then I had a parent support group meeting at seven tonight.  Not a lot of free time to work with!  So, I took an early lunch and did an hour video this morning, then showered and headed out to my meetings.  After work, I raced home, changed, had dinner and ran out of my muscle challenge class.  Then, I went straight to the parent support group meeting with the air conditioner on full blast so I could cool down enough to be presentable!  What a day!
What I liked the most about the day is that I proved to myself that I could handle it.  I had to be a little creative, but I got everything in.  I have to say, though, that I am so glad I made the time to go to the muscle challenge class.  The regular teacher was back from vacation, and it was an intense class!  I have a feeling I will be feeling it tomorrow (and probably the next day too).  Once I sat down in the waiting room, I realized my biceps were shaking.  It was a strange feeling, but kinda good too.

The really cool thing came at the end of class though.  There was a standing stretch that involved bending one leg so that your ankle was on the other knee, and then sitting back.  It’s a really great stretch for the back of the leg, but took a lot of balance.  I actually was able to do some of it.  I couldn’t really sit back, but I was able to balance with the leg bent over.  I was proud of myself, and it felt really good.
The parent support group meeting was really good, too.  It is so nice to get together with parents who understand the challenges of raising kids on the autism spectrum.  You can talk about the most outlandish issues and at least one other person (if not everyone) will have gone through the same thing.  That kind of understanding and support means so much to me.  And, some of the parents in the group follow this blog, so it’s even more support.  Overall, even though it was a crazy day, I wouldn’t trade one minute of it.  But, I am also happy tomorrow is a rest day and should be much more low key!

2 comments:

  1. You're a machine! I love your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It looks like it tooks it's toll though. I was so sick last night!

    ReplyDelete