Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 70 - Friday Night Treat

I know everyone loves Fridays, but I especially do.  Friday means Friday Night Yoga.  After a really long week, you would expect a class at 5:30 on Friday afternoon to be empty.  Not this class!  Every time I’ve been, it’s been really crowded.  The classes on Mon and Web are definitely harder, but I still get an incredible workout on Fridays.  I think what makes the difference is that she has such a strong emphasis on stretching at the end of the class.  When I leave, I feel like all my muscles have been worked hard, and then turned into wet noodles.  I leave relaxed and happy.  To me, that is absolutely priceless.

At lunch time today, I did a four mile walking video, and it felt really good.  I am getting better at working hard but still breathing through my nose.  It was great to see my heart rate hovering around 80% and still be able to maintain it.  There were a few times when I had to take a deep mouth breath, but not that many.  What I really like is that I’m learning to try new things without being terribly afraid of them.  Or at least, not afraid to the point that I don’t try.  I like that!
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  Lots of stuff going on at work, but nothing over the top.  Michael had a great day and we are getting ready to go in the chamber before bed.  Sometimes, it feels like things are coming together and I can actually relax a little.  I don’t know if it will actually happen, but it’s a nice feeling.  Plus, tomorrow is the ten week mark.  I’m really looking forward to seeing the progress pictures, and just being proud of myself for making it through. I am still doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment