Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 61 - Thank you Jeannie!!!!

I spent a second day in an all-day training class.  When I got home I was physically and emotionally exhausted.  Worse, I was having a hard time getting myself excited for my muscle challenge and yoga classes tonight.  Then, I got a text message from my cousin saying that she was planning on meeting me at the gym at 5:30.  In that one instant, I went from ambivalent to excited!  I do love these classes, and it’s so nice to share them with people I love.  That was pretty much the turning point in my day.

I was still sore from Monday’s muscle challenge class, so I was not sure what to expect tonight.  But, if someone can find my lower abs and work them, I’m all for it!  The cool thing was that as we went through the workout tonight, I was able to figure out exactly which exercises are the ones working my lower abdominal muscles.  And, I think they will be sore again tomorrow.  I really don’t like the pain, but I love knowing that what I am doing is working.  And, if anything can help me lose a millimeter off my belly, I’m thrilled.
After the first class, yoga was especially challenging tonight.  My arms were so tired from the weights, there were a few times I just couldn’t hold them up to do the pose properly.  But, I did the best I could, and that’s all I can ask of myself.  I left class tonight feeling like I had worked every muscle in my body. But, I also felt totally relaxed and at peace.  That feeling is incredibly addictive!

Tomorrow will be a straight cardio day, which I am looking forward to.  But, even more, I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep tonight.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment