Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 54 - A Down Dog Victory!


Tonight in yoga class I was able to hold a down dog for about 15 seconds.  Now, to most people that’s nothing to be proud of.  For me, it was a HUGE accomplishment.  I am incredibly proud of myself, and my arms!  Especially since the yoga class was after the muscle challenge class.  My arms and shoulders got an extreme workout tonight.  I will be feeling it tomorrow and the next day, more than likely.
I noticed again today that my body was ready to exercise long before class was due to start.  I really like that my system just seems to gear up and get ready, fully expecting me to need the energy.  I’m not exactly bouncing off the walls, but I can definitely sense a feeling of expectation.  Movement is becoming habit.  That is exactly what I was hoping for.  It is taking longer than I expected, but now that it’s kicking in, I’m really happy.
Normally, I’d try to write something insightful, but my brain and body are just done.  I am seeing an early bedtime in my immediate future.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment