Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 50 - Pain and Failure


Today I feel like a failure.  The scale didn’t move this week, and I barely got in 45 minutes of exercise.  I have been so exhausted all day, I just felt like a zombie.  When I did get on the bike, it felt like a major effort to just pedal.  Steve was a little worried about me and had me quit before I was supposed to.  My lungs ache so badly that every breath hurts.  I think I’m glad I listened to him.  I’m really not sure what’s going on, but it’s a little scary.  Such a big change from yesterday.  If you have any ideas or suggestions, leave me a comment here or on facebook?  I could really use the encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. Assuming your lungs aren't aching because you're sick with bronchitis or something, I wonder if you may have costochondritis. I have had it a couple of times and my first time coincided with my first time doing heavy-duty cardio at the gym. Does your chest feel heavy at all--like someone is sitting on it? Does it hurt in the middle of your chest when you take a deep breath?

    Costochondritis is an inflamation in the joint of where a rib meets the sternum. It's not serious but it FEELS like it is. It's been many years since I had it last, but I seem to recall that all that's needed is an anti-inflammatory taken daily for several days.

    You can Google/Wiki it to read more about it.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might have got it exactly right Sheri! I ended up going to a doctor last night. The pain was getting worse and I didn't want to take any chance of it being something serious. The doctor was pretty thorough and explained that since it got worse after exercise, not during, it was most likely musculoskeletal. He didn't give it a name, but it sounds similar to what he was talking about it. For now, I'm taking today off, taking ibuprofin, using moist heat, and magsoothium. It seems to be helping, but I'm definitley still very tender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you went to see the doc and it was nothing too serious!

    ReplyDelete