Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 49 - Cardio, Yoga and Calm?

Today was strange.  I did two 30 minute bike sessions and one hour long yoga class.  I kept the bike sessions moderate – about 60-65% of my maximum heart rate.  It is a decent, fat burning pace, but it actually felt relaxing.  I was able to zone out and just enjoy the feeling of my legs moving. I wasn’t totally exhausted when it was done.  In fact, I felt pretty good.  I could definitely get used to this!  But, it’s the first day, so I don’t know if it will be effective, but I’m giving it a try!

Then there was Friday night yoga.  This is the one class I look forward to all week long.  It’s a hard class, but it’s so relaxing as well.  If you get past the fact that there are still poses I can’t do, it’s about the most fun I can have exercising.  I really enjoy the feeling of my muscles getting stronger and my balance getting better.  When we got to the tree tonight, my balance was so much better.  I only fell out of balance once.  It was truly amazing.
So, today is the first day I can honestly say I enjoyed my exercise completely.  Most days I get through it and I’m proud of myself.  And there are definitely a lot of classes I enjoy.  But, today was different.  I really want to hang onto this feeling.  It’s a calm feeling and I don’t have a lot of calm in my life.  So, I still have a lot to process, but it’s good.  Very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment