Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 45 - Reality is Exhausting


I don’t think I have been this completely exhausted since I started this journey.  Today was my first day back at work after vacation, and it was beyond busy.  I had so many emails and tasks to manage I barely got a break for lunch.  Then, when the work day was over, it was time for exercise.  I went to a muscle challenge class followed by a yoga class.  I really wasn’t sure I’d be able to finish.  Somehow I did.  I think the combination of mental and physical exhaustion is going to make this a very early night.
On one hand, I’m really proud that I made it through.  I pushed myself really hard in the muscle challenge class, doing many, many reps with medium-heavy weights.  That class finished with lots of ab work, and I was so glad to have a couple minute break between classes.  Then, the yoga class started.  It was an active night with a lot of sun salutation sequences.  I don’t think I’ve gotten up and down from the floor to standing so much in the last year as I did tonight.  I am definitely going to feel this in the morning!
On the other hand, I get so frustrated with myself.  There is still so much that I can’t do.  I can’t support my weight on my wrists, so I can’t hold a basic down dog pose for more than a few seconds.  My stomach gets in the way of a lot of poses, so I can’t get as deep of a stretch as I’d like.  And, my balance stinks.  But, I think I did more tonight than I did last week.  And, I hope I will be able to do more on Wednesday than I did tonight.  So, even though I get incredibly frustrated, I still have hope.  And, hope is what keeps me going.  Hope, and all of you following along and supporting me.  That does mean the world to me!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing awesome! I wish I had the willpower to do two classes in a row at my gym! as it is, I just started doing the 30-minute ab class only a few weeks ago and it's a huge challenge for me. especially when my shoulder decides to go out on me 4 minutes into the class! UGH! But as for your progress, just remember, baby steps! the strength has to build everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ab classes scare me! I tried one pilates class and that was it! So far there have been 3 classes I did once and never want to experience again - pilates, spinning, and kick boxing. I might try them if I ever get to my goal weight. But until then, I will leave them to the experts. So, if you are willing to set foot in an ab class, you have my complete admiration!

    ReplyDelete