Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 21 - Fabulous Friday!

Fridays are one of my favorite days!  When it is so hot and humid, I really just want to stay in the house and enjoy the air conditioning.  I was lucky that it was a pretty low key day at work, and I was able to get a great four mile video done at lunch time.  Then, I was able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical after work, and 30 minutes of yoga before dinner.  All in all, a successful day!

I had halfway hoped to get to the gym and go through the trainer assisted circuit, but they are only there until noon on Fridays, and that just didn’t work.  But, there is enough strength training in my videos, yoga, and water aerobics that I’m not worried.  I’ll need to add more focused strength training as I get more into the routine.  But for now, I’m happy with how things are.
I am so excited for the weekend.  Steve will be gone most of the weekend, so it should be fairly quiet.  Michael is like me and has no desire to go outside when it’s hot.  So, we will probably stay home and play video games together most of the weekend.  I know, it’s not good for either of us to hide inside, but sometimes, it’s nice to just hang out and enjoy a quiet day.  And, since he’ll have lots of time with my brother-in-law, I am going to hope for another 7 mile day.  That would be quite an accomplishment for me.

My best tip of the day is to always keep iced green tea in the refrigerator.  We buy loose tea leaves and brew it in an iced tea brewer.  It’s so much better than buying tea bags!  I have drunk over a gallon today and still feel thirsty.  That probably means I’ve gotten a little dehydrated this week, but I can’t figure out how.  I’ve been drinking water and tea all week, but somehow it just doesn’t seem like enough.  Then again, it really has been especially hot and humid this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment