Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 27 - Great walking, great strength training


Today was a much better day.  I guess I slept on the right side of the bed, or something.  I still woke up pretty tired, but after my first cup of coffee, I felt alert and happy.  A very good omen for the day!  It was a really busy day at work, but I still managed to remember to take a break at lunch time and do a four mile video.  Then, when the day was over, it was time for a 3 mile video.  I love the three mile video because it adds some strength training with a theraband.  It really changes up the workout!  Then, after dinner, I went through my yoga poses, just to round things out for the day.  I really feel like it was a great exercise day.
We are done with our current round in the hyperbaric chamber, so that takes one level of stress off of me.  It’s hard to get everything done after school and still make the time for an hour at pressure.  Not to mention the stress of keeping Michael from getting too bored.  (He normally loves going in the chamber, but on days when it’s hot, or he’s bored, my sanity gets a real challenge!)  But, I am going to see if I can find some time for a couple solo dives during the week.  I think the extra pressure and oxygen will do my muscles a world of good.  Not to mention the relaxation of an hour of alone time.  Yes, being locked in a cylinder for an hour can be very relaxing.  Good music, a good book, or just a good imagination can do wonders.

It’s hard to believe that I am almost four weeks into this program!  I am so proud of myself for really falling into a good routine and finding ways to make it work.  I do get frustrated with myself for not being able to do more.  But, someone told me that what I was doing is equivalent to taking a car that had been in storage for twenty years and driving it across country.  There are bound to be bumps along the way!  (But, I did at least get a check up and make sure that it was safe.  So that’s one point in my favor.) So, as I get stronger, my exercise choices will get better and the workouts will get better too.  That is definitely something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment